On the days when the temps are sub-zero here in Minnesota, you might find yourself longing for the summer sunshine. As much as I love winter, these temps make me start feeling cooped up and feeling that any temp above 0 is beautiful weather. I am definitely a Minnesotan!
As I’ve mentioned, I currently live with my parents. One of the big advantages of this is all of the amazing food in this house. In the basement are shelves filled with canned goods, canned fresh by my mom. The peaches seemed to be glowing in the dim light, calling to me, and radiating warmth as the cold air seeped through the 109 year old house. What a better way to experience summer on a sub-zero day than tasting it! So I piled some jars of peaches into my arms and decided to make Peach Crisp! Is your mouth watering right now?
The great thing about any kind of crisp is that you can make it in different sizes. Since I’d better share it with my parents, I made a full 9 x 13 pan full. If you are baking for one then you can half this recipe easily enough, it will last several days so you can portion it out and have a piece when you’d like!
Enjoy Your Taste of Summer!
6 Cups Peach Slices drained (canned or fresh if you’re lucky!)
3 Tbsp Flour
1 Tsp Cinnamon
***If you are using fresh peaches, spring 3 Tbsp sugar on top of slices***
Crisp Topping Ingredients:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Butter (cubed)
1 Cup Oats
2 pinches Baking Soda
- Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly place the drained peach slices into the pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon evenly on top of the peach slices.
- Next, in a food processor (or a mixing bowl in you don’t have a processor) pour in the brown sugar, flour, and baking soda and mix together.
- Add the half cup of butter (make sure it’s cut up in cubes) to the flour mixture.
- Pulse the mixture (or mix in the butter with a pastry blender) until the butter is cut into the mixture.
- Add the oatmeal to the mixture.
- Pulse in the food processor until all is mixed together is a crumbled mix.
- Pour mix evenly of the peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Take out and enjoy this taste of summer!