Yesterday was a beautiful and abnormally warm February day here in Southern Minnesota. It made me anxious for spring and the sunshine. Of course this morning, a front moved in, bringing dark clouds and sleet. The gloomy skies started giving me a gloomy mood, so it was time to bring a little sunshine back.
My Hawaiian Chicken Pasta Salad hits the spot when you’re yearning for a fresh tasting meal! This salad is filled with a citrus taste and a hint of garlic and curry! Give the recipe below a try and bring in the sunshine!
1 Cooked Chicken Breast
1 (8 oz.) Can Pineapple, save juice for the dressing **You can always use more pineapple if you’d like!
1 (11 oz.) Can Mandarin Oranges (Juices drained)
3 Cups Cooked Elbow Pasta
1 Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Tsp Curry Powder
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
Juice from the 8 oz. can of Pineapple
- Dice or Shred the cooked chicken breast.
- Mix the chicken, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and pasta.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, garlic powder, and juice from the can of pineapple.
- Whisk the dressing until all ingredients are combined smoothly.
- Stir the dressing in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Chill until served and enjoy!